- Tour Inquiry
- About Myanmar
As we rise to altitudes and drift with the breeze, you will witness quite possibly the best panoramic views of Bagan and its surrounds. One of the most important archaeological sites in Asia and arguably the world, the thousands of temples at Bagan sit on a dry agricultural plain wedged in a bend of the imperious Irrawaddy River. Here is your opportunity to get some of the most stunning photographs you will ever take.
Every day is different when it comes to ballooning. The winds change daily and the weather is affected by the seasons. The sun rises later in December than in October or March. The following itinerary is an example of what you may experience with Oriental Ballooning, but times and locations will be confirmed the night before your flight. Please donât make any time-critical decisions based on this itinerary, for example, trying to catch an early aeroplane or boat after your flight.
Golden Eagle Ballooning (“GEB”) is a subsidiary of Golden Express Tours, which is the first balloon tour operator in Myanmar since 1999. Golden Express Tours has organised international balloon meetings in Myanmar as well.
Golden Express Tours (www.goldenexpresstours.com) has been established since July 1991 under the Ministry of Hotel and Tourism, License No KHA-0008, and is one of the first ten companies to obtain the Tour Operator License from the Government. U Kaung Set Zaw, General Manager of Golden Eagle Ballooning, intends to fill the needs of demand for hot air balloon operation in Bagan with highest safety standards and services.
GEB’s balloons are manufactured by Ultramagic from Spain – one of the best and well-known balloon manufacturers in the world and approved by European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA). The insurance is comprehensively covered by Lloyd from United Kingdom for both third parties and the passengers.
The company has three Swiss pilots and one Spanish Chief pilot, one Spanish examiner and inspector, one Swiss maintenance manager, two local operation managers, and 25 local ground crews for the operations.
Passengers flying with GOLDEN EAGLE are bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1) Passengers or their accompanying guide must register at our sales desk upon arrival in Bagan at Bagan Umbra Hotel, Wetkyi Inn (Ph: 09-25208 4232, 09-25208 4242) between 8am to 12 pm and 4pm to 8pm.
2) Passengers are recommended to wear long sleeves shirts, long trousers and covered shoes.
3)Passengers who have any known medical condition such as epilepsy, recent surgery or other condition which can affect your ability to fly or assist the crew must be disclosed at the time of booking, and to the pilot on the day of your flight.
4) Pregnant women are not allowed to fly.
5) GOLDEN EAGLE BALLOONING will not be liable for illness or injury due to any undisclosed condition or failure to comply with any reasonable instructions given by the pilot, crew or company representatives.
6) Passengers who weigh above 125kg/280 pounds or need the space for 2 persons, will be requested to pay 100% surcharge of the ticket price. Failure to provide accurate information in advance may lead to the refusal of flight at the launch site, whereby no refund will be offered.
7) Children under the age of 8 years will not be allowed to fly with GOLDEN EAGLE BALLOONING. Children aged between 8 and 16 years needs to be accompanied by a responsible adult and have to be over 137cm tall (4 feet 6 inches).
8) The pilot in command is legally responsible for the safety of all passengers at all times connected with the flight. He or she has the absolute right to refuse passengers for any reason if it is considered their carriage may endanger the flight or other passengers.
9) Passengers must pay full attention to the safety briefing given by the pilot in command before the launch of the balloon, and questions should be put to pilot if the briefing is not understood or unclear.
10) The pilotâs decision is final on all matters, and he or she has full authority over passengers and crew who are to fully comply with his or her instructions or orders.
11) GOLDEN EAGLE BALLOONING reserves the right to cancel or delay flights, and change rendezvous and launch sites at short notice, to achieve safe and successful flights. The company is not liable for any ensuing loss or inconvenience.
12) GOLDEN EAGLE BALLOONING has comprehensive international insurance cover for all passengers and third party liabilities.
13) GOLDEN EAGLE BALLOONING shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to personal effects taken on flights, and will not accept any liabilities for such losses or damages.
14) Flights cancelled by GOLDEN EAGLE BALLOONING for safety reasons, unfavourable weather conditions, or operational difficulties will be refunded in full. All direct payments to GOLDEN EAGLE BALLOONING will be refunded in cash. For all bookings made through tour agents, passengers must contact the respective agent to expedite their refunds.
15) GOLDEN EAGLE BALLOONING reserves the right to revise or modify any terms & conditions or rates in the event of an upsurge in the market, with a minimum one month notice. However, for confirmed reservation and bookings, they will be kept at the current rates and terms.
16) Under no circumstances will GOLDEN EAGLE BALLOONING be liable for direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damages, including but not limited to lost or damaged property, lost profits or savings or damages or disappointment.
17) GOLDEN EAGLE BALLOONING may arrange for your flight to be carried out by another balloon company. In such instances, GOLDEN EAGLE BALLOONING accepts no liability in connection with such services or for any loss, injury, or damages to in respect to person or property.