On-Arrival Visa system has been in force since 1 June 2012 and the rates and procedures are as follows:
- Business (duration 70 days) – USD 50
- Entry Visa (duration 28 days)- USD 40
- Transit Visa (duration 24 hours) – USD 20
Permitted list of countries:
Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Australia, China, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States of America. Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Czech, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia
Required Terms and Conditions for VISA ON ARRIVAL (Official)
- 1. Have a valid passport with 6-month validity from the date of entry into Myanmar.
- 2. Bring two recent (4cm x 6cm) color photos taken within the past six months.
- 3. Have the letter of invitation from the sponsoring company in the event of first trip of business study. (Stay cannot be extended.)
- 4. Be required to produce copies of company registration/business license/ evidence of permission to do business issued by the ministries concerned together with the application if he is working in Myanmar.
- 5. Mention the name of the factory, location, the sponsor and the position he holds in details if he is doing business with business visa.
- 6. Apply for extension of visa with the recommendation of the ministries concerned as well as in accordance with the existing procedures if he/she is doing business with business visa.
- 7. Produce letter of invitation by the ministries concerned if the trip is for attending meetings, workshops, events and ceremonies.
- 8. Not be allowed to engage in any sort of work with or without charges apart from the professions mentioned in the visa application form.
- 9. Produce air ticket to the destination if he is applying for transit visa
- 10. Stay at the hotels, motels and guest houses holding legal licenses issued by the Myanmar authorities, and factories and workshops legally permitted as well as human dwellings; and mention the exact address he intends to stay at.
- 11. Declare that he/she will strictly abide by the existing laws, rules, procedures, orders and directives issued by Myanmar authorities.
- 12. be able to produce the evidence of parent-children relationship if the accompanying children, under-seven-year-old, are holding separate passport, so as to grant visa free of charge;
- 13. Not be allowed to travel to the restricted areas unless holding prior permissions.
- 14. Report to the office of the township Immigration and National Registration Department concerned in which he stays and should mention the address of hotels, motels, guest houses, factories and workshops legally permitted as well as human dwellings.
- 15. Depart to the country which he has travelled from by the arrangement of the airline he is on board if his entry into Myanmar is denied.
- 16. Abide by the decision of the On Arrival Visa Scrutiny and Issuing Team.
- 17. Apply for Visa On Arrival at Airport Immigration Section obtaining the application form either from the airlines in Myanmar or the following website www.mip.gov.mm of the Ministry of Immigration and Population.